Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Shipping Panic

Yikes.

Ya know, I'm having a panic like moment. I can't do a thing about it, it's beyond my control (sorta) and I am gonna probably just have to sit and wait. At least two of the several Christmas gifts I intend to give are in UPS transit, right now, and should have, by my accounts, shipped WAY sooner than they have. So I'm not really surprised, but I am sorta wondering, what all those extra holiday workers are doing? They musta not been packing my shipments??? Those extra elves musta not been making my toys???

If I don't get what I need by Friday, I'll be sitting on the warehouse stoop at my office on Monday, forlornly waiting for the UPS truck that won't come, because they've been notified that we're closed.

And there's one I paid for on two day that I haven't gotten shipment notification on yet either.

ACK! Just the thought of tomorrow actually being the 20th sets my heart aflutter -- and not in so gooda way.

This is really a performance issue. I gotta perform at least a little in the gift giving department right? I so don't want to disappoint anyone! I will be wrapping pictures of the freekin' presents I bought.

And... we'll see if the Sexy Beast reads my blog. Let's see if she mentions this.

SHEESH. If my own Sexy Beast doesn't read my blog AND my packages don't arrive on time, I might wonder if I should have some self-esteem issues.

Nah... I don't really have self-esteem issues. Not high ones anyway. LOL.

OMG. Those packages HAVE to get here. God loves me. So, er... they will. Now, whether I will be in the right place at the right time, is another story.

Ok, ok... so I'll tell the family it's Channukah and this year we're celebrating the rededication of the altar for eight days. Yeah. That.

Boy am I glad there's not one of those current mood icons on Blogger.

Current mood: Panicked. (Or, maybe it's just all the holiday sugar)

You know that scene in The Big Chill where Glenn Close's character has done a little cocaine and she can't sleep and she's goin' on and on and on...

Yeah... that.

Aghhhhhkkkgrrrr.....

No comments: