Monday, December 03, 2007

Love...

Marsha called me a lazy blogger again.

Yeah, well...

Mostly, I've been busy. Also, for several months there's been lots of change happening, not just for me, but for so many of my friends. Sometimes change makes me quiet and consumes me.

I was reminded yesterday of an Emmett Fox quote on love, which I had transferred from planner to planner since I was 21 years old up until the time I went from planner to PDA. And no Renee, that's not a public display of affection. I realized yesterday that I had taken this quote on almost like a mantra for my own life. And I really have. I strive to reach toward a sufficient realization of love, and it's never failed to heal every single situation that I've held up to it's light. Don't get me wrong, I haven't been codependent about it. Also, I realize I haven't (yet) held every single troubling situation in my life up to the standards of the quote, but for every one I that I have, it never fails to heal.

Anyway, the quote from Fox:

Love Will Conquer

There is no difficulty that enough love will not conquer;
no disease that enough love will not heal;
no door that enough love will not open;
no gulf that enough love will not bridge;
no wall that enough love will not throw down;
no sin that enough love will not redeem . . .

It makes no difference how deeply seated may be the trouble;
how hopeless the outlook;
how muddled the tangle;
how great the mistake.
A sufficient realization of love will dissolve it all.
If only you could love enough you would be the happiest and most powerful being in the world.

There's something I don't do anymore, jot down quotes to view every day, in a planner. I am relatively new where I work, so I haven't "moved in" and revealed too much of my personality by covering my cubicle in quotes and photos and postcards in the same fashion as my refrigerator. In my world, the refrigerator and cubicle are the adult equivalent of the teenager's bedroom wall.

And this quote also reminds me of Marsha, who posted yesterday about being angry about her lymphoma. Marsha has a healthy respect and love for herself, so where was the room in the process of recovery for anything but healing and love until now -- when anger has time to visit?

I may resolve next year to bring back the quotes. And devise a way to remember everyone's birthday, and to prioritize my time so that I spend more time being with people than doing things.

That would include more photography I think. It's a beautiful way to be with people, to hang around, talk, create a comfortable space for someone, and illuminate them. I like it. Recently, I did these people:









Ok... I am going to bed. G'night.

No comments: