Monday, December 29, 2008

Feelings, whoa, oh, oh... pffft

Ever have one of those days, weeks, maybe even years, where you know something is out of whack and you just can’t put your finger on it?

Ever feel you should follow your intuition no matter how crazy everyone else thinks it is?

Ever have feelings that your mind refuses to allow you to shake, even when logic tells you that no one would understand your feelings but you? (But of course, someone would…)

It’s an interesting place to be, sometimes.

I don’t mean to sound morose. Not at all. I'm not having bad feelings. Feelings are a great barometer. Well followed, strong, unabashed unashamed intuition can make one a successful psychic. At the other end, survival of the species has required us to possess and maintain healthy feelings of flight or fight, fear, pain, hunger, etc... They’re very important to growth and survival.

It’s interesting to me, how many of our feelings we overlook or brush off everyday. Feelings we were made and bred to have. Some are feelings we were taught not to verbalize – both the perceived positive and negative. I mean the intuitive thoughts and impulses about ourselves and others that occur in a nanosecond that are warning us or soothing us, lifting us or dragging us. What do we with them, how do we be appropriate with them – everything from love to rancor? How do we use them fully, without them using us? How do we validate them and use them as the finest of tools? And how do we love them all?

I’m just saying…

Oh, and don’t worry. My intuition is not telling me anything about the world ending, or anything terrible like that. Just change, ya know? I feel it at this time of year more than any other. It makes me think. And I think enough as it is. In 2009 I will have to set about feeling more, and maybe thinking less. Heh. Oh, and have a lot more fun.

No comments: