Saturday, July 19, 2008

THAT Really Is Love


This morning the SB and I were lounging around in bed, me sulking some because I'm not feeling too well. Sweet SB said she was more in love with me than ever --especially over the last two weeks. She said she'd just grown more deeply in love with me ever since she saw my face when the bumper of the car got ripped off in the sand at the beach.

And the way I just threw my hands in the air and stopped the car when we got stuck -- the way I looked at her and said, "Ok, Ok, YOU drive!"

She was laughing her ass off about it, well, about ME, this morning.

Come to think of it, I have to laugh now, all alone writing this post, at how she valiantly gave getting out of the sand a shot -- the wind and tires blowing sand all up in the car, me protecting my camera from the hideous dangerous grains, SB shouting, "I'm about to blow out my ENGINE!" and me saying, "Well, STOP it then!"

Driving together. There's a song about it in my next show! Come see it.

Oh, and that laughing thing with one another, THAT Really Is Love.

3 comments:

Julie H. said...

Y'all are so awesome. Smooches!! :)

Joni McClain said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Sweet.