Saturday, June 07, 2008

Hillary Clinton

I watched Hillary's speech today on CNN. When's the last time you saw such fanfare over a losing candidate? She carries much political weight, no matter what kind of polarizing she might cause.

I actually got choked up and sad a couple of times. I live in a district where Clinton won but in a precinct and county where she did not. I hope I got that right. I went to the County convention, as you might have noticed from an earlier blog, and I feel that I'm a part of history in a different way now because of it.

Still, I am deeply saddened. There's a brilliant and superbly written entry on this topic that I couldn't have worded better (or I would have) at Dorothy Surrenders.

However she may allegedly polarize the Democratic party and the Republicans, one thing is for sure as far as I can see: Obama needs Hillary Clinton. Check out the Huffington Post on this one. Sorry. I agree with Michael Fauntroy.

Maybe I'm delusional, but... I don't think it's over. And I'd say I'll miss her, but somehow, I don't think she's going anywhere.

Still. I'm sad.

No comments: