Wednesday, January 23, 2008

More Things That Rock

The runaway best seller "The Secret" recommends the highest and fastest way to prosperity is gratitude. Having taken a course or two on the subject, most folks who know what they're talking about agree. I suppose, in addition to all the stuff I'm thankful for in heart and mind, that the ol' blog here is good for that too... and I shall call the posts, "Things That Rock." What is it Oprah does? She does her "favorite things" or some such?

Ok so let's see. I remembered at least two today.

Ok, the first is my new mascara. This new stuff is the first mascara I've liked more than the original, can't be beat "America's #1 Mascara," Maybelline Great Lash in the pink bottle with the lime green cap.

So what could be better? Maybelline of course. But... it's Maybelline "Define A Lash."



Personally, I think it's just Great Lash with a better brush. It's bouncy! The brush, I mean. LOVE this mascara.

Next, I love my Christmas present from Santa, which I use extensively even though it's not an iPod. I take any music I want "to go" using my Rhapsody To Go subscription on my Sansa.


What's even cooler are the earbuds I finally found that produce, imho, the finest sound around. Interestingly enough, I have always preferred Koss -- even as a dj in a nightclub and in radio in my youth, I preferred them over Sennhauser. Everyone else was all about Sennhauser. Nope. I love Koss! And the earbuds I purchased were only $14.99!

Gratitude doesn't have to be as deep as one might think, but, when it is, I also give thanks for my friends, my family, my animals, my profound and rich relationship with the SB and the Beast Boys...

I could go on and on and on and on... but I'm grateful for a good book and a warm bed, too.

G'night.

No comments: