Friday, January 25, 2008

The Coolest Thing That Rocks This Week

...and last week too...

The Sexy Beast got me this and it came last Friday in the mail:


This lens in the Canon line is so absurdly cheap and amazingly effective that you have got to have it if you shoot with a Canon. It's a prime lens, and performs WAY, WAY better than you could possibly imagine for a lens that costs so little. It's fantastic for low light work, which I do a lot of -- and it's the perfect range for portraits, which I do a lot of, and it has great bokeh.

I haven't gotten to work with it a lot yet, but here's one shot -- the rest are in the gallery at Love and Light Images :

It'll be great for show shots and portraits. Whee!

Oh, and the only thing better: The Sexy Beast, to whom I am so grateful for gifting me with it!

Oh, and p.s. HEB Anniversary Cake Ice Cream. That rocks too.

No comments: