Thursday, May 03, 2007

In Case You Were Wondering...

... the three of you who read this blog...

I'm not dead. I think I'm avoiding blogging because I've been doing a lot of "writing" lately -- I change my resume for every job for which I've applied in the last few weeks. And, believe it or not, I've been keeping busy as best I can! Wouldn't want to get rusty and lay around all day.

Now I think I'm blogging to avoid blocking Steel Magnolias. I'll do it. In an hour or so.

I feel the most boring blog entry coming along.

Oh alright. Here is Zeta. She practically owns the house now. The Sexy Beast and I can hardly stand how much we love this little dog!!!!

Here she is snoozing (she can sleep like this, or on her back stretched out or sideways and hardly anything will disturb her sleep even a photographer-- she gets that from her Sexy Beast Mom):


Alright! Now I have satisfied the Sexy Beast's desire for another photo of Zeta -- who, as you can see, is not quite black (Zeta, not the Sexy Beast) . As she has grown up, her beard is brown, and she has some salt and pepper on the back of her ears, and even more salt on the backs of her legs....zzzzzzzz ohmigoodness boring, boring, boring -- it's like we're parents of a toddler or something!

Ok, try this: my favorite new drink is Lime LaCroix but I have to have to almond stuffed green olives in it as a garnish. And they MUST be the HEB brand. We've started to call HEB, "THUH HEB" in my house because we have friends who are HEB careerists and they call it that -- and occassionally I go to Randall's and that makes me a Randallist. It's a thing in my house -- The Sexy Beast says "I'm going to THUH Heb... (note the emphasis on the "H" when I grew up emphasizing the "B")" Or, she'll say I'm going to Round Rock 4 or Round Rock 2 and I don't know what the f*ck that is! I just say... Ok, please get me some olives.

Go figure.

And THUH Heb version of LaCroix isn't so bad either!

I'm gonna do a "My HEB" commercial -- it'll be me sitting on the patio furniture shouting at people in the parking lot and not letting them in the store. "Nope! Sorry. This is MY HEB -- keep moving, that's right... try the 7-11."

How did this blog get to be about HEB?

OH... I'm sorry. THUH "H"EB.

Just for good measure, here is Zeta again -- looking like the cranky old man Schnauzers are accused of looking like! She needs a 'do -- we're taking her to get one tomorrow. After a 'do, she looks very distinguished -- I'll try to remember to post another photo. After she gets a hairdo, her eyebrows resemble Brook Shields even more than in the photo below.


Now. I'm out of La Croix so I'm going to run to Randall's and get some.

Yeah. You heard me.

Randall's # whatever.

3 comments:

Ronni said...

There are still three of us?

I don't think Zeta is boring. I think she's a love.

Julie H. said...

Oh my GAWD you totally crack me up! Did you take your hyper pill before writing this, or what? Awesome.

A few comments.

"zzzzzzzz ohmigoodness boring, boring, boring -- it's like we're parents of a toddler or something!"

Woman, I will try not to take that personally. ;)

"...Lime LaCroix but I have to have to almond stuffed green olives in it as a garnish..."

Okay, bleeeeah!! I also love LaCroix. All flavors, though to me the orange is best. But...with olives? Neh-ehh! Then again, I've been "off" olives ever since the pregnancy. Not sure why. They just don't taste the same anymore.

So...is that enough of me criticizing your taste in drink garnishes??

The photos of Zeta are wonderful. She is one adorable dog! I especially like the first one. Downright arty, with all the black & white and such. Very nice. :)

Joni McClain said...

Thank you Jooley Ann -- and I meant not to insult parents of toddlers -- I meant that only as a reference to how crazy we are about this pooch!

Oh, and with your orange La Croix? I recommend THE "H" E B orange stuffed olives. Yum.

Heh...