Sunday, November 12, 2006

I Miss My Sexy Beast

The comedian Elaine Boosler used to have this bit she did about being single. She said the British called it being "on your own" when you went into restaurants. I'm on my own this week, but no worries -- I'm not single again. SB has travelled to California to visit with her mom and has extended her stay for another week.

SB's mom is healing from a burst appendix which is a very grueling process if you are unaware. Ever so icky dinner conversation... also icky conversation for a blog so I won't repeat it here.

Nevertheless, I'm on my own with Beast Boy II and the Canines. Should that be a name of a band?

I grew stressed to think about it at first but it's really not going to be that hectic of a week. Beast Boy has late rehearsal every night but Tuesday, which means I will do a lot of driving but it's not an insurmountable feat. I have rehearsal on Monday and a meeting on Thursday. The dog beasts are handled on those evenings. The week leaves me quite a bit of time alone. I don't mind that. And I have TONS of stuff to do -- several people to meet up with for NxNW Theatre. Hey! Look at this picture. If you look past the dog beasts you might say my carpet was clean enough to have these folks I need to meet with over to my own house, no? That carpet looks pretty good for being eight years old.



One of my dearest friends let out an evil yet compassionate laugh (Yes, both at the same time! We are actors!) upon hearing of my "single parenting" predicament. But is it single parenting or is it really just running a taxi service with one cab if your kids are teenagers?

So back to my initial stress about the whole situation. It's not the business of running a household and being a sole parent for a couple of weeks that bothers me at all.

I miss my Sexy Beast. It's the longest period of time we've been apart in nine years. NINE years. We celebrated nine years on Friday. Yeah. I miss her. But please! Don't tell her! I wouldn't want her being any more Sexy Beast Princess conceited than she already is. ;-)

I miss her.

A lot.

No comments: