Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Joni's A2Z

Saw this on a friend's blog. It's a variation on those lists that circulate from friend to friend via email. Here's mine:

Accent: I embarrassingly admit to sounding like I'm from Texas, though I desperately, as an actor, try to hide it.

Booze: None. Not since 1987.

Chore I hate: Doing the dishes of those who live in my house. Specifically, those who are perfectly capable of placing a dish two inches to the right of the sink, in the dishwasher. I'm not naming names.

Dogs or Cats: Dogs

Essential electronics: Computer, cell phone, Palm.

Favourite cologne: Carolina Herrera, CK1, and the no longer manufactured :-( Ralph Lauren Tuxedo.

Gold or Silver: Silver, silver, silver, or... platinum.

Hometown: Austin. An oasis in the Republic(an) of Texas.

Insomnia: Nah.

Job title: Director. Chaplain. Senior Buyer during the day. Momma J at home. I have several.

Kids: Two stepsons.

Living arrangements: Sexy Beast, two teenaged boys, one labrador retriever, and the new baby black Miniature Schnauzer!

Most admirable traits: I'd have to ask someone else.

Not going to cop to: lying.

Overnight hospital stays: two sleep studies.

Phobias: Haven't yet met a height, insect, person, or reptile I couldn't stand, though scorpions in the house give me the creeps.

Quote: "Your divine purpose is to grow spiritually, to uplift humanity in your world, and on your path, fully express whatever God-given talents you have within."

Religion: Raised Episcopalian, now I'm a Unity Chaplain. But I'm not a Unitic.

Siblings: Three -- two brothers and one sister. I love them LOTS.

Time I wake up: Almost always too early.

Unusual talent or skill: I can't mention that here.

Vegetable I love: Squash, green beans.

Worst habit: analyzing.

X-rays: Pelvis, teeth.

Yummy foods I make: Macoroni and Cheese (NOT from a box. Gheez)

Zodiac sign: Virgo.

There. That didn't take long at all.

3 comments:

Ronni said...

I can't believe I gotcha on this one!

I thought it was fun, after all, there's just 26, not the "100 things about me" that I always rin out of answers for at about...well...26.

Ronni said...

By the way, did you know I was the "scourge of the internet?"

'S true! Ask any denizen of the Slough of Despond.

I sent you an invitation to the rest of the pics from Ronni and Maureen's foray into Charlie's at 13th and Lavaca.

I guess I don't understand bars. Why is a gin-and-tonic $1, and a coke is $2.50?

Joni McClain said...

Ronni,

The reason a gin and tonic is $1 is because it's on sale, and coke isn't. On Mondays, Dirty Sally's used to have ten cent well drinks. Liquor is cheap, I guess. I dunno, maybe the more money you have the more sober you are? Or visa versa? If that were true, I'd be Ivana Trump.