Monday, April 02, 2007

Employment

I've not been out of work in probably twenty years. That changed last week.

This is my first real adventure as a person who is not employed by a company. The IRS tells me I am self employed and makes sure they get the benefit of it, so I can't really say I'm not employed. However, self-employment hasn't paid a majority of the bills. YET.

I am looking for new avenues of income that please me -- and the perfect way to create it.

Here are some things I've noticed today, that would please me about "work." Working at home would be kinda cool. Here's why:

1. A short commute. It took me 20 seconds to get to work today.
2. A pet friendly environment. My dogs came to work with me today.
3. I can control the temperature in my office to suit me.
4. The coffee is just the way I like it.
5. I can leave at any time to run personal errands.
6. Naps. This is negotiable.
7. My coworkers are like family.
8. There is time to strategize.

3 comments:

Ronni said...

Good luck! I know you will land on your feet.

Joni McClain said...

Thanks Ronni -- I think so too!

:-)

Nessa said...

As far as self-employment goes, are you still doing photography? Mom (Ronni) told me you are still in that business and I would like to request you services for my wedding next March. St. Patrick's Day, to be exact.

I want to make sure I get a photographer who knows what they're doing, and I know you do.

I'm alsso on a tight budget, so if we can chat sometime about the services you would provide, that would be great.