Saturday, October 28, 2006

Big Fat Republican Truck


Yesterday I took my car to the Mazda Dealership to have some work done under warranty. Warranties are a blessing. I got $750 worth of work, free! I like that -- but, wait... it wasn't exactly totally free. It cost me five dollars. Let me explain. They didn't have any loaners left, and they didn't have any cars left to rent at Advantage -- who the dealership uses.

Ok, I loved the idea of dropping off my car, getting in another one and zipping off to work. It was only slightly less difficult than that but I digress.

I get to Advantage Rent A Car -- they picked me up at the dealership. The fellow who helped me out was wonderful -- educated, handsome, well dressed.

All they have left is a Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab. Sheesh! I felt guilty! How can people drive these things? I didn't dare park near anyone else for fear I'd mow them over as if I were in a Monster Truck Rally or something.

Sheesh! The door handles ran parallel with my boobs!

Of course I got used to it enough to feel a little beligerent when someone entered my lane in front of me but thank goodness that went away soon!

That's a big truck -- I think it gets 8 miles to the gallon. I travelled to work and back to the dealership and put two gallons or so in the thing to bring it up to full again. Cost me $5. That may sound ok but for only 20 miles of travel?

I'm so glad to have my car back.

1 comment:

Joni McClain said...

You? It cracked me up too!

I felt like a Republican. Only guilty.