Friday, September 08, 2006

The Prosperity Game

Ok, it might seem odd but I started this interesting exercise today to "increase my prosperity vibration." If nothing else, it's fun.

I gleaned it from Ask And It Is Given (the book, not the website) by Esther Hicks -- the whole concept has been around for at least a decade, I'm sorry I didn't discover it sooner.

Ok, so here's the Prosperity Exercise, in a nutshell.

Each day -- for a year if you wish, you are to record in a ledger of your own creation, using checks of your own creation (read: fictitious) the spending of a certain amount of money each day. On day one we start with $1000 and add $1000 each day on day 50, deposit $50,000 and on Day 100, deposit $100,000 and so on and so forth. If done over the period of a year one will accrue and spend $66 million dollars. And you MUST spend it. I get tickled just thinking about it.

This benefits one's ability to imagine. I'll let you know how well my imagination works as the days pass. Today though, I tithed, bought a Bluetooth, a gift certificate, paid the Secretary of State for the 501(c)(3) papers for the theatre and paid off some debt. Seems all of these I will do in reality anyway. My debt should be paid off, including my car, in a matter of weeks, if not days. After that, I suppose I will really have to start using my imagination.

I will donate to worthy causes, buy a new house and a boat for the Sexy Beast, purchase the Presidency, stop the War, end poverty, and promote world peace -- after I build a divine little theatre and do a few shows.

Happy Friday. Only three more shopping days left 'til my birthday. 9/11. Hmmm...

No comments: