Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Randy "Duke" Cunningham

Three cheers for Randy "Duke" Cunningham, who admitted today "I broke the law, concealed my conduct and disgraced my office!"

I give Randy credit here for being truthful. This has nothing to do with any subversive consolation that he sponsored the 2004 attempt to amend the Constitution to ban same-sex marriage and a co-sponsored the 2005 attempt along with Marilyn Musgrave. That there is now one less person out there deciding my partner and I don't deserve the same benefits as a straight couple is not at issue here. I am pleased because a politician told the truth. When was the last time that happened? Randy gets extra jewels in his crown. Finally! A politician who is willing to be responsible for their own conduct. Isn't that one of the signs of the Apocolypse? Or, did Randy just cop out and not even try to find a scapegoat?

Maybe Randy has started a positive trend. Perhaps we're headed toward The Tipping Point, what with Tom Delay, Lewis Libby, Cheney and Rove in the spotlight as well, maybe ol' Randy is helping the further truth to be revealed about our political system. Maybe.

I wonder what the
"Randy 'Duke' Cunningham Fighter Ace Kalinga Style Buck Knife," will now go for on eBay?



No comments: